sticky pork belly
im hot, sticky sweet....
Take out doesn't taste this good. I swear.
1-2 lbs pork belly
1 tbsp cooking oil, I used lard
1/4 cup coconut aminos
2 tsp fish sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp salt
Sesame seeds to garnish
Ingredients listed serve 3-4
I ALWAYS order pork belly when I see it on a menu and always felt like I missed it on Whole30. Well not anymore!
If you're not familiar with pork belly, think of it like super thick bacon.
This would be so good served over cauli-rice, on a bed of greens, or as part of a lettuce wrap!
1. Slice pork belly into thick 1/2" thick strips and pat dry of any water or loose fat.
2. Add cooking oil to skillet and bring to a shimmer before adding the strips of pork belly. Add to hot pan and sprinkle tsp of salt over the top.
3. While the first side is browning, mix together coconut aminos, fish sauce, and sesame oil. Whisk until oil is combined (20 seconds) and drizzle half of the mixture over the pork bell
4. Once first side is browned (2-3 minutes), flip and drizzle remaining sauce over the strips. Cook 2 minutes and then removed from heat, plate, and serve!
5. The remaining bits in the pan can be deglazed with a little water and then used to saute cauli-rice to give it a nice flavor.