Not yo Momma's Spaghetti
DON'T EVEN *THINK* OF ASKING HER IF SHE'S THOUGHT OF USING A SPAGHETTI SQUASH BEFORE
You can say aLL YOU WANT THAT SPAGHETTI sQUASH ISN'T THE SAME AS PASTA; i'LL TAKE THIS FLAVOR PROFILE OVER FLAVORLESS PASTA ANY DAY.
- 1 tbsp avocado oil (or similar)
- 1-1.5 lbs of ground beef
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 jar compliant marinara sauce
- 1 3-4 lbs spaghetti squash
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
Ingredients listed serve 4 but can also be a meal for two plus two leftover meals
Moms (and dads) just know: the best way to make a bad day good is to end it with spaghetti. Part of Whole30 is evaluating your relationship with food and finding comfort in food can lead to overeating but that doesn't mean you have to miss out on spaghetti! Just don't make it because it's a bad day :)
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise, place face down on baking sheet and back 25-35 minutes until you can press the skin and it holds the shape of your fingerprint but before it gets mushy. Be careful, it's hot. Remove and cool on rack.
2. Heat oven-safe skillet to medium heat with avocado oil. Once shimmering add diced onions and ground beef. Sprinkle with salt.
3. Once the beef has mostly cooked through, add jar of compliant sauce and cook until bubbly. Meanwhile, remove seeds and guts from the squash and scoop the flesh directly into the skillet with the meat sauce.
4. Stir in the noodles until completely covered and bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes until the sauce thickens a little. Top with nutritional yeast and serve.