Rhonda's Pineapple Chicken
mama know's best...
A recipe that's grown as much as I have in my Whole30 journey with a special place in both my heart and recipe rotation. #rpc
- 1 lb ground chicken (pork or turkey would be great as well)
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 medium diced bell pepper
- 1 can compliant cubed pineapple; juice drained and separated
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp avocado oil, seprated
- cauliflower rice to serve
Ingredients listed serve 2-3, but I usually double the recipe for meal prep.
This was a recipe my mother created during her first round of Whole30 that I adapted. It has changed so much over the past four years, but today's version is the best one yet! It's also affectionately known as #RPC.
1. Add 1 tbsp oil to medium heat skillet. Non stick isn't preferred here; it will keep your turkey from browning. Once shimmering, add onion and bell pepper.
2. Once onions and bell peppers are softened, add ground chicken or protein of choice. Cook until slightly browned or just done.
3. Add remaining tbsp of oil to separate pan and add cauliflower rice to soften. Add in 1/2 cup of reserved pineapple juice and coconut aminos. Cook until reduced and ready to serve.
4. To ground meat mixture, add in pineapple cubes and cook until darkened slightly and heated through. Serve over cauli-rice.
**For a slightly more "unami" flavor, a tbsp of fish sauce would be a great addition to the cauli-rice.