Fridge-Clean out Frittata
leftovers + eggs = breakfast for a week
It really doesn't get much easier than throw it in and bake...
- 1 tbsp avocado oil (or similar)
- 9-10 eggs
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 cups veggies of choice
- 1-2 cups cooked protein of choice
- toppings of choice
- salt and pepper
Ingredients listed serve 8
Frittatas are a great way to clean out your fridge. This recipe was designed to utilize the ingredients you have on hand and can be customized completely. You really can't go wrong with this, unless you under-salt.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Warm skillet and add cooking oil. Once shimmering, add onion and veggies of choice. This helps remove moisture so that you don't get air pockets in your frittata. Alternatively, you can just use leftover roasted veggies.
2. In a large bowl, crack eggs and whisk just until combined. Add in protein of choice (think leftovers in the fridge like shredded chicken or ground beef; you could also add cooked breakfast sausage).
3. Let cooked veggies cool and then add to egg mixture with salt and pepper. Salt is key here because under-salting is going to under develop the flavors. 1 1/2-2 tsps is a good place to start.
4. Pour in 9 x 13 dish and add any toppings (bacon, Whole30 compliant pesto, avocado, etc). Bake until eggs are set 30-40 minutes.