dinner for the hurried or lunch for the lazy
sometimes, it's about making something quick and easy but also delicious and filling.
- 1 tbsp avocado oil (or similar)
- 2 lbs of protein (chicken breast, chicken tenders, ground beef/turkey/chicken, or a cheap cut of chopped beef
- 3-4 cups of chopped veggies
- 1 cup of diced peppers and onion combo
- 1/2 cup cooking sauce such as The New Primal's Marinades or Yai's Thai Curry sauces
- salt and pepper to taste
Ingredients listed serve 4 but can also be a meal for two plus two leftover meals
This recipe is designed to be customized to what you have in your pantry. Cooking times will vary depending on your protein and veggies but this is an easy system to implement for weeknight meals or meals in a pinch. I always keep chopped onion and peppers on hand because most recipes start off with these.
1. Heat skillet to medium heat with avocado oil. Once shimmering add diced peppers and onions. Sprinkle with salt.
2. Once slightly softened, add veggies. Starchier veggies like sweet potatoes and rutabaga will take longer to cook so cutting into a smaller dice could save lots of cooking time. Add a sprinkle of salt.
3. When the veggies are about halfway cooked (use your best judgement) add the protein and cooking sauce. If your sauce is thin, leave uncovered as you cook the rest of the way. If it's thick, cover and cook until protein is cooked through.
4.Plate with on-hand veggie components. Could be cauli-rice, a bed of greens, with half of a sweet potato, over spaghetti squash. The options are endless and should make for a great, quick meal!